Friday, January 15, 2010

Little Guy







The pictures we have posted of Nicholas don't represent his size very well. Therefore, you can see we took a picture of Nicholas's hand in Denise's. Really, his whole body would fit in her palm. We tried to capture his foot in her hand but he was less cooperative with that. He is doing better on the vent today. His chest x-ray this afternoon looks better than yesterday, which we are thankful for. We had a pulmonology consult today. Overall, they think the set back is related to his prematurity but they want to rule out other things that might be the cause (infection and surfactant deficiency are two). We downloaded some lullabies today and put our iPod in the isolette for a half hour in the am and pm. Nicholas seems to enjoy the music. We hope to have an uneventful weekend and hope you all enjoy your weekend as well.

5 comments:

  1. I just want to say I saw Nicholas today for the first time with his hat off and let me tell you he was absolutely beautiful. He has a full head of black hair with sideburns! He also was a little heavier. The extra 2oz.he has gained looks good on him. I think Nicholas is doing so well thanks to his mom's! You have never seen 2 people more devoted to watching over there little blessing. They are and will be excellent parents! I pray for you all and especially I will keep Nicholas close to my heart and always in my prayers. Keep up the good work Mommy's!!! Love, Aunt Darlene

    PS I did it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been thinking & praying for you three non-stop. Following progress through Jay, Dar and Diana.
    Little St. Nicolas is so blessesd to have you 2 as Mommys.
    I am a call away if you guys need anything at all.
    My Love to All three of You.
    Jennifer
    PS. I am free next Jan. let me know where we are going on vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops Nicholas.... I am the Queen of Typos !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mrs. george siad wait untill nick's hand his bigger then this mommys hand!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete