Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Going Home...




Tomorrow is the big day for all of us as Nicholas gets to come home. We've been busy "nesting" and think we are now ready. We took the pictures attached as we were leaving the hospital tonight. This is the last night Nicholas will spend in this corner and in this bassinet. He is eating from the bottle well and in fact, took 60 cc three times today. He is now up to 5lbs 13 ounces. He will be going home on a little oxygen (1/16 of a liter). We will see pulmonary in two weeks and hope to be off the oxygen in a month or two. We'll have many follow-up appointments with general surgery (hernias), opthamology (eyes) and pulmonary (lungs) as well as visits to his pediatrician and home visits from physical and occupational therapy. So, while we're closing one chapter, we're opening a whole new one full of new experiences. We'll get into a new routine at home; our biggest hurdle will be being mobile with the O2, oh and lack of sleep (Melissa and Regan (Nicholas's primary nurses at Rainbow) are more than welcome to fly to Madison and help with those feeds they were never able to do or accomplish well due to a sleepy baby after too much cuddling:)). We'll keep updating the blog so you can continue to monitor Nicholas's growth and milestones . Thanks to everyone for your continues prayers, support and thoughts throughout our 3 month journey (my water broke on December 25th and we're going home on March 25th).

2 comments:

  1. AWESOME.The little Dude is going home with his Moms..I am so glad for all three of you.I think of you all each day..How lucky you are Nicholas to have such wonderful Moms,and how lucky they are to have you..I have a package here for you and will attempt to ship it tomorrow.
    All Our Love,
    Cheryl&Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, these people all they want to do with me is hugs and "kissing" and don't they know I want to go home with my moms....to get to sleep in my very own "bed".....so o.k. moms lets go home..... All my love, PaPa and Grandma P.S. I told grandma to write this..........

    ReplyDelete